Meet Beredu Geleto, Nurse Injector
Beredu Geleto is one of the skilled Nurse Injectors at KMP Aesthetics. She is passionate about providing individualized treatment plans that take into account the ethnic similarities and differences of aging.
Beredu is also passionate about diversity and creating a space where patients of all backgrounds, especially patients of color, can feel educated and empowered to explore the aesthetic procedures that achieve their cosmetic goals.
Education and Training
Beredu was born in Ethiopia and raised in Portland, Oregon. She moved to Seattle, Washington to pursue a degree in nursing in 2010. Beredu graduated Magna Cum Laude from Seattle University, with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in 2014.
Shortly after graduating, Beredu began her nursing career at Overlake Hospital Medical Center as a Registered Nurse (RN) providing care for surgical patients. She specialized in post-surgical management and care for patients who have undergone a wide range of surgical procedures, including but not limited to General Surgery, Colorectal, Bariatric Weight Loss, and Plastic Surgery. Beredu not only cared for patients as an RN, but she also served as a preceptor and mentor for new nurses and nursing students. Beredu’s passion for education led to her decision to go back to school to pursue a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree.
Beredu graduated from Gonzaga University’s MSN—Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)—program in 2020. After graduation, she took the Washington State Nurse Practitioner Board exam and received her Nurse Practitioner license and certification from the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) in 2020.
While Beredu maintained employment as an RN at Overlake Hospital, she also took on a short-term role at Swedish Hospital caring for complex patients with a wide range of surgical and medical diagnoses. During her time at Swedish, Beredu gained experience working with patients who had undergone facial reconstructive surgery as well as Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) surgeries, mainly related to cancer. This experience further sparked her interest in facial anatomy and facial procedures, which led her to explore aesthetics, an area she had always been interested in but had yet to pursue.
After eight years of inpatient experience, Beredu transitioned careers to become an Aesthetic Nurse Practitioner when afforded the opportunity to precept with Kevan Petterson, DNP, ARNP in a one-on-one training program. This program strengthened her understanding of facial anatomy as well as the art and skill of performing aesthetic procedures with cosmetic injectables, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and JUVÉDERM®. Under the tutelage of Kevan Petterson, DNP, ARNP and Dr. Jodie Reinertson, Beredu learned about facial anatomy, the aging process, and the use of cosmetic injectables. She is excited to have joined the innovative and experienced team of providers at KMP Aesthetics.
Outside of work, Beredu enjoys kickboxing, all things beauty, and traveling with friends and family (her most memorable recent trips were to Dubai and Thailand).
Additional Training and Certifications
- AMI Training, Best Filler Injector Education Center with Olga Voloshina, ARNP: Focus on cheek and chin augmentation, April 2023
- Revance Aesthetics virtual training with Jody Comstock, MD: Focus on full face assessments, rheology, and use of the RHA® collection of filler, April 2023
- AMI Training, Best Filler Injector Education Center with Olga Voloshina: Focus on full face assessments, cheek, lip, and chin augmentation. Introduction to jawline augmentation with Volux, March 2023
- AMI Training, Madison Plastic Surgery with Sheila Anderson, RN: Focus on lip augmentation, January 2023
- AMI MD Codes EDGE Program with Dr. Mauricio De Maio: Focus on proprietary approaches to full-face assessment and clinical strategies, November 2022
- AMI Training, Blue Haven Medical Spa with Dr. Benjamin Killey: Focus on cheek and chin augmentation, November 2022
- AMI Round Tables: Focus on rheology and advanced formulations, October 2022